- 1. Messerschmitt Bf 109 "Erla Haube". Suggested kits: Revell
Bf 109G-10/K or Monogram Bf 109G-10
Note the attachment points for the pilot's head armour.
Suggested reference: Squadron/Signal In action No.57.
- 2. Messerschmitt Bf 109E-4. Suggested kit: Hobbycraft Bf 109E-4.
The lines marked X on the drawing are best scored on the canopy with a sharp
knife or scriber. The line on the windscreen is on the left side only.
- 3. Messerschmitt Bf 109B/E. Suggested kits: Hobbycraft Bf 109B,
Bf 109C, Bf 109D, Bf 109E-3.
The lines marked X on the drawing are best scored with a sharp knife or scriber.
Suggested references: Squadron/Signal In Action No.44; Model Art 'Messerschmitt
- 4. Horten Ho 229. Suggested kit: Dragon Ho 229A-1.
The replacement canopy
has an altered section around the windscreen area for better accuracy and
fit. Note that the framing for the fixed windscreen is internal. Score the
small square access window with a scriber.
Suggested reference: Monogram Close-Up No.12.
- 5. Arado Ar 234C. Suggested kit: Hobbycraft Ar 234C.
In order to fit the
lower section, we suggest cutting off the rear sections of the kit part and
fitting them to the kit fuselage, as marked X on the drawing. Then fit the
Clear-Vax items in place. Note that the framing around the edges of the clear
parts is internal. We suggest painting the framing from the inside with Schwarzgrau
66, and marking the rivet heads on the outside with a divider point or needle.
Suggested reference: Model Art 'German Jets in WWII'.
- 6&7. Dornier Do 335 "Zerstorer" and Dornier Do 335 "Aufklarer" reconnaissance
version. Suggested kit: Monogram Do 335A.
The Clear-Vax canopies directly replace the kit items. The blisters on the
sides have internal mirrors fitted. Note that the Zerstorer canopy has an
armoured windscreen that extends a little further forward than the standard
version. Carefully trim the kit fuselage to fit this canopy.
Suggested reference: Monogram Close-Up No.21.
- 8. Junkers Ju 87D/G Stuka. Suggested kits: Monogram Ju 87D,
The Clear-Vax items directly replace the kit parts. The rear of the pilot's
sliding section is designed to overlap the fixed centre piece.
Suggested reference: Squadron/Signal In Action No.73.
- 9. Junkers Ju 87B Stuka. Suggested kit: Airfix Ju 87B.
The canopy fits in a similar fashion to that of the Ju 87D/G.